Approaches to economics, politics, law and criminal issues in Italian high schools according to the CLIL methodology
Part of the
Pathway in Didactic Innovation and CLIL
Pathway in B2-English Language level training
About the CourseThe course aims at illustrating some examples of techniques of the CLIL methodology applied to Economics, Politics, Laws and criminal issues teaching in Italian High Schools. In particular, the course will focus on the teaching techniques in English of the following topics: factors of production, sectors of production, marketing, the marketing mix, online marketing, Parliament and the Constitution in the English-speaking countries, some comparisons between the political organization in the English-speaking countries and in Italy, some comparisons between the crime rate in the English-speaking countries and in Italy, legislation.
The [MOOC] is part of the "B2-English Language level training" pathway of the 1st level University Master in "Didactic innovation and CLIL”, produced by University of Foggia. -master is not active-
Learning outcomesAt the end of the course the students will be able to plan and carry out different learning activities in English aimed at improving the following competences:
- conversing in different contexts;
- writing different types of texts with an appropriate vocabulary;
- comprehending passages about economics, politics and law and criminal issues;
- writing texts (letters, summaries, essays) about economics, politics, law and criminal issues;
- understanding dialogues and interacting in English by using an appropriate vocabulary;
- translating passages from English into Italian and vice versa;
- making telephone calls at work;
- using the language as a means of cultural exchange and of communication at work.