Management of Sustainable Development Goals
Introduzione al CorsoPope Francis’s Laudato si’ Encyclical, on one side, and the 2030 UN Agenda for Sustainable Development, on the other, define a new vision for people, planet and prosperity for transforming our world on the basis of a new idea of sustainable development focused on consolidate universal peace, eradicating poverty and to heal and secure our planet "to shift the world on to a new sustainable and resilient path". This new vision of sustainable development should be oriented to build peaceful, just and inclusive societies through eradicating poverty in all its forms and dimensions, including extreme poverty and hunger everywhere; to combat inequalities; to protect human rights and promote gender equality and the empowerment of women, and to ensure the lasting protection of the planet and its natural resources. This new approach implies inter-linkages and multidimensional nature of the Sustainable Development Goals oriented to improve the quality of life and world and to create conditions for sustainable, inclusive and sustained economic growth, shared prosperity and decent work for all, taking into account different levels of national development and capacities. Following this approach this course will be addressed to give a system of knowledge, expertise and know-how to analyse the set of issues related to the UN 2030 Agenda and how manage through project management instruments and a problem solving approach. In this innovative and attractive new framework/vision coming from UN Agenda and Pope Francis’s Encyclical, the MSDG aims at integrating knowledge and expertise in the field of Social Sciences - from Geopolitics to Economic Growth, Social Development, International Law- with the UN Agenda SD goals and a set of strategic competencies to manage international projects on Sustainable Development – SD Project Management, Negotiation and Cultural Mediation Technical, Social Corporate Responsibility, Social Innovation Promotion and Dissemination of SD Projects, Problem Solving. Open and collaborative approaches will be introduced to promote a new pervasive and global vision and approach on SD. Therefore the MSDG follows a matrix structure that integrates the main pillars of 2030 UN Agenda with the 5 specific areas of critical importance for Sustainable Development (SD):
- Planet: to protect the planet from degradation and to promote the sustainable management of natural resources and taking urgent action on climate change in the perspective to support the needs of the present and future generations.
- Prosperity: to ensure good level of prosperity at all human beings, and economic, social and technological progress occurs in harmony with nature.
- Peace: to strengthen peace around the world and guarantee peaceful, just and inclusive societies which are free from fear and violence.
- Partnership: to implement the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development, based on a spirit of strengthened global solidarity, focussed in particular on the needs of the poorest and most vulnerable and with the participation of all countries and all stakeholders.
- People: to end poverty and hunger, in all their forms and dimensions.
Tecnologia, Design e IngegneriaOre di Formazione
OnlineStato del Corso
Agenda del Corso
- to acquire knowledge and competencies on the management of sustainable development in dynamic environments;
- to develop a new vision on sustainable development concerning the set of interrelated issues in a world scale to solve the related issues concerning preservation on the planet in long time.
The course is open to everyone.
To be admitted to Master at LUMSA University, students must hold a bachelor's degree (“laurea triennale” for the Italian system) or higher qualification (e.g. “laurea specialistica” or master’s degree) or being on track to graduate within April 2019 (*) in Natural/Hard Sciences (Architecture, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics) or in Social Sciences (Anthropology, Communication, Economics, International Relations, Law, Management, Pedagogy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology) or in Humanities (History, Languages, Literature, Philosophy, Theology).
Formato del corsoEntry Assessment Test (mandatory), 13 Video lessons, Readings and Forum, Final Test.
Regole per ottenere gli Attestati e sostenere gli Esami
The Attendance Certificate is issued to the student who attends and completes the training activities included in the course.
The student will have to watch the video lessons, complete the individual activities planned and successfully pass the final exam of the course.