Pre-departure - Health and Wellbeing
Part of the
Pathway in Digital Passport for Students Going Abroad - Pre-departure
About the Course
Welcome to Health and Wellbeing! This capsule will provide you with general advice on how to prepare for the health and wellbeing-related challenges you may encounter while abroad. Integrating into your new environment will be much easier if you have an idea of what to expect, and how to deal with it before you leave the comfort and support of your home. It is important to remember that you are not alone in your study abroad journey. Many students have experienced the same worries and problems on their mobility, so we have put together some helpful tools and information to help you gather key information relating to your mobility and support your academic, social and cultural integration process.
Enrollments close on 10 July 2022.
Social ScienceTraining hours
Learning outcomesThis course is addressed to students who are going to carry out a mobility abroad. After completing this capsule you will be able to:
- Recognise the potential impact of an international experience on your health and wellbeing.
- Take preparatory steps to ensure that your health and wellbeing can be maintained while abroad.
- Be mindful of tips for maintaining self-care abroad.
- Identify and access resources and supports in your host country.
- Be empathic with others and develop an open attitude towards cultural differences in many social situations.
- Approach differences with curiosity, a positive attitude, and self-compassion.
- Take perspective and understand the complexity of cultural elements that are important to others.
- Develop your organisational approach to understand and plan how you spend your time abroad.
Background and RequirementsNo requirements
TextbooksThe materials are inside the course.
Course FormatThe course is made up of videos, practical suggestions, self reflection exercises, links to further tips.
Certificates and Exam rules
Attendance CertificatePass the final quiz.