Poverty comparisons and mapping in the European Union
About the CourseThe course will describe the process of construction of multidimensional indicators of poverty at regional and sub-regional level and the mapping of the results. It is composed of three modules:
- Multidimensional Poverty and Living Conditions Indicators
- Laeken Indicators and their computation on pseudo-populations
- Small Area Estimation.
- to know the main official survey data sources available in Eu to compute multidimensional poverty indicators
- to define Laeken Indicators and their computation on pseudo-populations obtained by Eu data
- to know the Small Area Estimation problem, the estimation of the main Laeken indicators by simple/basic Small Area Estimation methods 4
- to map the results and interpretation of the estimates and of the associated Confidence Intervals
Background and RequirementsBasic statistics
You can find resources within the course.
Course FormatVideolectures, materials and quizzes
Certificates and Exam rules
Attendance Certificate will be issued after the completion of the Quizzes.