Language, gender identity and Italian language (5th ed.)
About the CourseHow to give name in Italian to women who have roles of empowerment? Is there a neuter gender in Italian? How does the Italian language make reference to women more in general? How does the language interact in the construction of gender identity? This course enhances linguistic metacompetence on morphological, syntactic and semantic properties of Italian which will allow students to autonomously use the language in an equal opportunity perspective.
Arts and HumanitiesTraining hours
- Reflection on the relation between language and gender identity with a focus on Italian language and culture.
- Ability to use Italian in a gender fair perspective.
Background and RequirementsA native-like competence of Italian.
- Sabatini, Alma 1993. Il sessismo nella lingua italiana. Commissione per la realizzazione della parità tra uomo e donna. Presidenza del Consiglio dei ministri, Roma.
- Giusti, G. e S. Regazzoni (a cura di) 2009. Mi fai male … Atti del convegno, Venezia 2009. Parte seconda: “mi fai male … con le parole”. Ca’ Foscari – Comitato Pari Opportunità – Materiali e Studi 9. Cafoscarina Editrice.
- Rumiati, Raffaella 2010. Donne e uomini si nasce o si diventa? Farsi un’idea. Il Mulino, Bologna.
Course FormatThe course is divided into 5 Sections that include videolectures, forums and assessment tests. Each section is made of 40-50 mins video-lessons.
Certificates and Exam rules
Attendance CertificateYou can earn Attendance Certificate and Open badge by completing all the included video-lessons and the final tests of each section, answering correctly to minimum 70% of questions.