Methods and tools for identification of experiential knowledge (6th ed.)
Part of the
Pathway in Competences Certification (6th ed.)
About the CourseThis course the third of the Pathway about Identification of prior experiential learning to validate and certificate competences and explains the foundations of the processes and practices for the identification and the validation of learning and competences acquired in formal, not formal and informal educational contexts.
It is organized into four learning units each developing into three video lessons on the following subjects, dealt by particularly knowledgeable teachers:
- The operative model to identify experiential knowledge (Prof. Piergiorgio Reggio, Catholic University – Milan);
- Skills audit (Prof. Paolo Serreri, University of Roma Tre);
- The Portfolio/dossier of the competences (dott.ssa Ermelinda De Carlo, University of Salento);
- How to use the EQF – Educational qualification framework – compared to NQF – National quality framework (Prof.ssa Anna Serbati, University of Padua).
Social ScienceTraining hours
Learning outcomesTopics proposed in this third MOOC relate to a learning pathway, connecting declarative and procedural knowledge proposed in the four units, and specifically:
- Pedagogical guidelines for empowering the “fourth knowledge”, operatively repurposed for the description and documentation of prior learning experiences
- Legal background (according to Italian law), purpose, structure, methods and tools for preparing a Competency Balance
- Purpose, structure, functions for a Competency Portfolio; processes for building such Portfolio, with participative lab pathways involving interested actors
- Relationships between individual experiences/competencies and Learning Outcomes in learning reference descriptions (EQF) and national/regional reference catalogs for professional qualifications (NQF)