Educazione finanziaria: introduzione alla moneta e alla finanza
About the CourseThe course is structured around five key themes:
- Payment systems: cash, bank transfers, debit and credit cards, web platforms (eg Paypal).
- Public and private money: banknotes, central bank money, bank deposits, electronic money, digital money, cryptocurrencies.
- Financial system: banks, insurance companies, other intermediaries, Fintech.
- Financial risks, investment financial instruments, portfolio choices: interest rates, credit risk, liquidity risk, inflation, stocks, bonds, fixed or floating exchange rates.
- Single money: Economic and Monetary Union, Euro, ECB, Banking Union
THE COURSE WILL BE ARCHIVED FROM MARCH 31 (you can't download the attendance certificate after this date).
Social ScienceTraining hours
Learning outcomesTo understand:
- the three functions of money: numeraire, payment instrument, investment instrument;
- how payment systems work: retail (low unitary value) and large (high unitary value);
- how public and private moneys differ;
- Central Bank’s role;
- costs and benefits of banknotes;
- how commercial banks create deposits;
- ECB’s and national central banks’ roles in the eurosystem;
- costs and benefits of euro in the UEM;
- components and functions of financial system, how the intermediation channels work;
- institutional sectors of national accounts: households, non-financial and financial companies, Public sector, Rest of world sector;
- main financial instruments: Bonds, Shares, Insurance contracts, Derivatives;
- main evaluation methodologies of financial instruments;
- main government securities;
- interest rate risk, financial indexation, interest rate term structure;
- shares evaluation, Dividend model, Portfolio diversification;
- derivatives: forwards, futures and options.