Europe and international law
About the CourseThis course will propose the analysis of some judgments rendered by international courts and by the European Court of Justice on key issues of international and European law. It will also deal with more specific topics, such as violence against women and the fight against terrorism.
Social ScienceTraining hours
- to understand the complexity of the international legal system;
- to describe sources of law and the relations among them;
- to delve into the notion of State sovereignty and the limitations posed to that notion by international law;
- to analyze how international disputes are solved;
- thanks to case-law, to link the theoretical framework to the current situation at the international level.
Background and RequirementsPersonal motivation is the only requirement.
D. Carreau, F. Marrella, Diritto internazionale, Giuffrè, ult. edizione.
L’ABC del diritto dell’Unione europea, http://publications.europa.eu/webpub/com/abc-of-eu-law/it/#chap6