Introduction to Stata
Part of the
About the CourseThis course provides an introduction to Stata software. It is designed to students who have no experience with Stata and intend to develop gradually the knowledge of software. The aim is to provide the fundamental concepts and make students able to make elaborations autonomously.
- Knowledge of supported file formats
- Knowledge of the working environment of Stata
- Knowledge of general syntax rules
- Basic knowledge of the commands for:
- Loading data
- Description of the database content
- Merging two databases
- Creation of continuous, dummy and categorical variables
- Changing variable values
- Setting of tables and contingency tables
- Minimum knowledge of the commands for creating graphs
- Minimum knowledge of the Survey package
- Minimum knowledge of advanced programming commands
Background and RequirementsMinimum knowledge of English (to understand the names of the commands as well as the guides and help functions).
Course FormatThe teacher presents the topics in recorded lessons using slides and script files. The materials made available by the teacher include slides, scripts with the functions seen during the lessons, exercises on which students can practice and their solutions.
Certificates and Exam rules
You can obtain the Certificate of Attendance and the Badge by completing the assessment tests present in the course (you must answer correctly to 7/10 questions for each section).